ANIMAL CONTROL, immediate opening in Lufkin Texas
• Feeds and cares for impounded animals
• Ability to recognize common diseases in animals
• Administer vaccinations and medications to animals
• Cleans, disinfects, and maintains sanitary conditions of all kennel areas and facilities
• Transfers animals between kennels and cages using proper handling procedures
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Able to lift large animals and heavy feed sacks
• Maintains accurate records and prepares reports including bite reports
• Answer phone calls from public regarding animal complaints and utilize computer dispatching system to dispatch animal control officers on calls for service
• Ability to learn Chameleon Computer Software and in-process animals into shelter, complete adoption contracts, and animal reclamations
• Must be very customer service oriented
• Possess the following essential skillsets: Patience, Tact, Empathy, Assessment, Negotiation, Attention to Detail, People Oriented
• Must be able to perform euthanasia as a function of shelter operations
• Interface with the public and respond to citizen inquiries and concerns
• Possess or have ability to learn very basic office skills (fax machine, filing, currency handling, etc.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Valid Texas Driver’s License at time of hire
• Must complete and pass Basic Certification Course required by Texas Department of Health and Euthanasia Certification within the first 6 months of employment.
• Must be able to attend seminars and workshops.
Starting pay: $10.01- $10.51 per hour (based on qualififcations)
Non-exempt for overtime
Work Schedule/Days: Saturday thru Wednesday; Sunday 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Work Schedule/Hours: 7:00 AM-5:00 PM